Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

when it's all said and done - Robin Mark

When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for You?

When it's all been said and done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I have done
For love's reward
Will stand the test of time

Lord, your mercy is so great
That you look beyond our weakness
And found purest gold in miry clay
Making sinners into saints

I will always sing your praise
Here on earth and in ever after
For you've showed me heaven's my true home
When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone

Did I live my life for You?
Lord I live my life for You

Psalm 144

3 O LORD, what is man that you care for him,
the son of man that you think of him?

4 Man is like a breath;
his days are like a fleeting shadow.

Psalm 39

4 "Show me, O LORD, my life's end
and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.

5 You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Each man's life is but a breath.
Selah

6 Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro:
He bustles about, but only in vain;
he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it.

7 "But now, Lord, what do I look for?
My hope is in you.

i have a memory box. literally a box where i keep memories- letters, cards, poems, pictures and memorabilia from everyone that i've met throughout all these years. its something that i will always do whenever i'm back in miri. i love looking back at time- the good, the bad, the ups and the downs. it makes me treasure everything that i have now. while reminicing, i was also reminded (not that i need to be reminded but it crossed my mind extra frequently) how fast time is passing, fleeting; too fast to grasp. it makes me scared; makes me not want to grow up! i can't contribute to any anti-aging process ~ perhaps the only choice i have is to age gracefully ~ but in all these natural courses of getting old...have i done my best? have i truly live this life to the fullest? oh wait, what does living life to the fullest really mean in the first place? having all the riches in the world? having people bow down to me? having more and more of what others want? i believe life is more than that. those you envy, those celebs, are they happy? like really happy? pure joy? life is more than materialistic things. life is more than name, honour and recognition.life is more than what this world can bring. this longing and satisfaction and desires deep down in our hearts can only be filled...fullfilled...satisfied...quenched by something more than this world.something more than what we see, touch, taste and smell physically. life is more than this. this rat race of chasing time. chasing fame. chasing riches. when will it end really, this race? when we have more? how much is that 'more'?

i am grateful and thankful to the core; from the bottom of my heart that i have found the One who could fill this longing, who could still this raging tempest, who loves me regardless, pours out grace and favour abundantly upon me. this is not the cry of weakness; from someone who is meek in this rate race of the world; from someone delusional or unrealistic and unlogic- but this is the cry of victory. this is the cry of victory victory over living life meaninglessly. this is the cry of victory to living a life full of purpose!

i challenge you. have you found the One?

can you say you have found the purpose of your life?

No comments: