Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Drugstore haul 8 Jan 2012

While waiting for carwash...i HAD TO kill time in both Guardian & Watsons. You know...the usual market research?

Very decent purchases...
L-R: Favorite shower foam, Barbie Toothbrush&paste for my niece of course, Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick, Maybelline Baby Lips)

So happy to see the new range of Maybelline Colorsensational in my area's Watsons! I had to limit myself to ONLY ONE for now and absolutely loved this colour: 235 Warm me up. It is very close to my own lip color; it just intensifies it and "polishes" it a bit more.

RM29.80
 Actually doesn't appear that red...its more of a brown tone

RM10.50
 
Thought i saw this in From Head To Toe's Dec2011 Hits & Misses video but actually it is a different product altogether. Oh well, a lip balm will always be handy...

Some background story on the next product: i have been following this You Tube makeup guru Holly Ann-Aeree for the longest time and got all excited about her Favourite Drugstore Lipsticks! I think my skintone is quite close to hers so i kinda 'trust' the colour she picks. She is amazingly gorgeous! Her all time fav is Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Primrose but they don't carry this colour here in Malaysia. So...i had a colleague of mine get it for me all the way from US!!! After conversion its about RM32. Not that much different from the price of the range here. 

L: Revlon - Primrose, R: Maybelline - Warm me up


Note: can you see the pigmentation on my hands??? this photo scared me...gotta SPF the whole body from now on!

And...when i looked back at the video...Maybelline Colorsensational Warm me up was actually listed as one of her favs too! i was too preoccupied with Primrose :) Personally tho i prefer Maybelline's Warm me up. They look so much better on me.

Warm me up FTW!

No comments: